The Visual Literacy In Engineering Education (VLEE) online course aims to provide engineering students and engineers with an introduction to visual literacy in an engineering context. The course focuses on visual literacy for the actual practice of engineering in the real world – preparation of schematics & diagrams, visual communication, problem solving visually, creative visual design etc.
- 7 Modules and over 25 hours of content!
- Build your skills in 15 key Engineering Competence Areas.
- Learn over 12 new Software and visual literacy Tools and Apps.
- Information packed training starting from basics to more advanced techniques.
- Suitable for beginners to advanced level users and for both student Engineers and Engineers in employment.
- Course content designed by considering current digital tools that support engineering applications
- Practical learning experience with case studies and examples.
- Test your knowledge at the end of every session.
- Modules 44
- Quizzes 7
- Duration 25 hours
- Language English
- Students 63
- Assessments Self
Module 1 – What is Visual Literacy for Engineers?
- Video Overview of Module 1
- ACTIVITY: Download Module 1’s Learning Objectives
- Why Visual Literacy is important
- Case Study on Importance of Visual Literacy
- The role of Visual Literacy in Engineering
- Visual Literacy and Creativity
- Visual Literacy in Engineering
- Digital technologies and Visual Literacy
- Test your knowledge
Module 2 – Digital Visual Tools for the effective use of images, graphics or objects for engineering tasks
Module 3 – Digital Visual Tools for Engineering Interpretation
Module 4 – Digital Visual Tools for Engineering Analysis
- Video Overview of Module 4
- ACTIVITY: Download Module 4’s Learning Objectives
- Visualization techniques’ role in analytical processes
- Basic visualization types
- Main directions of visualization techniques application in scientific analysis
- Engineering disciplines that use various forms of visual analysis
- New possibilities of engineering analysis in a digital world
- Data is everything, hence in a way everything can be visualized
- Visual analysis of engineering data representation in visualizations of BI systems
- Case Study 1
- Case Study 2
- Test your knowledge
Module 5 – Digital Visual Tools for Solving Engineering problems
Module 6 – Digital Visual Tools for Creating Engineering concepts and data
Module 7 – Digital Visual Tools for Engineering Communication